About the Course
Spend a weekend learning to design, cut and print a hand-lettered quote with Erica. You can then choose to have your print professionally framed by George the Framer.
Design, cut and print a hand-lettered quote with Erica. You will be designing your own piece for cutting and printing, learning hand-lettering basics and the principles behind creating a paper-cut that works. You will take home a tool kit which will allow you to continue with your new love for paper cutting at home. At the end of the course you can choose one of your prints to be professionally framed in a waxed ash 10″ x 12″ frame by George the Framer.
• Day 1: Lettering basics; spacing and layout, letter forms, refining and defining. Moving on to paper cutting, practice sheets then on to the real thing.
• Day 2: More cutting, then plate making, then printing, followed by lots of tea as the ink dries and the pieces are put in their frames.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• Two days of professional paper cutting and printing tuition from Erica George
• All cutting and printing materials required are included in the course fee
• A spacious work area is allocated to each student
• The cost of the tool kit is included in the price of your ticket. The tool kit includes a scalpel with 10 blades and a cutting mat. The framing will cost £30 which you can choose and pay for at the end of your course.
• A plentiful supply of tea is provided. Lunches are available to purchase from our cafe should you wish.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.