On this course, you’ll be encouraged to further develop your writing skills in a variety of genres.
You will consider the importance of originality, both in your work and that of other published authors.
This is a follow on from our beginners’ course, or it can be taken independently if you have attended a course elsewhere.
Throughout the course you’ll be offered advice and feedback on your work.
This will help your writing develop and progress in a supportive workshop environment.
You will also learn how to prepare work for submission for competitions and publication.
Sessions will consider the contemporary marketplace, what appeals to the modern audience, and how classic works transcend through time.
During this course you will:
- explore the boundaries of your writing by looking at the darker edges of society, politics and human nature
- learn about popular fairy tale themes and their contemporary appeal
- mix fact with fiction, and understand the importance of detailed research
- consider the visual in your writing and the creative portrayal of place
- create three-dimensional characters that help the reader suspend disbelief.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you’ll have explored a range of writing disciplines at a deeper level, and have information on how to progress your writing for both personal and professional development.
Click through above to book your place online.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course
fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be
provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
20 hours of quality tuition with experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 15.