Do you want to explore different ways to draw and paint? Be more expressive, create interesting marks and colours?
Are you unsure where to start or where to go next?
We will work through a series of exercises to build up a collection of experimental sketches. Filling sketchbook pages full of experimental lines and marks in different mediums.
The day is suitable for all abilities as the tutor will be on hand all day to offer support and advice.
Please bring a selection of art materials;
- Drawing media (this could include; graphite pencils, coloured pencils, wax crayons, oil pastels, chalk pastels, charcoal, drawing pens, felt-tip pens...etc.)
- Paint media (any; watercolour, gouache, acrylic or coloured inks)
- Glue (PVA or glue stick)
- You will also need an A5 sketchbook and some loose sheets of paper (if you don't want to rip pages out of your sketchbook).
- Don't forget brushes and pots for painting!
- Plus 1 large A2 sheet of paper to create a mini art book.
The tutor Tricia Johnson has been teaching daily drawing and painting sessions for the local Adult Education service in West Sussex, where she has been running courses for 20 years.
The course is based in the local church hall where a charity cafe is run in the morning for tea and coffee. Please bring your own lunch or you can visit the Co-op only a few doors down the road. Tea, coffee and biscuits are available in the afternoon.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
Beautiful model and plenty of instructions from Tricia. Made unpleasant by the necessity of having to wear masks all day. Shame the November session has been cancelled, but looking forward to February 2021!
Response from Art with Tricia:Thanks for your feedback.