Creating Words: Creating Wellbeing Summer Workshop
Contact course provider
About the Course
Come and join Janet Laugharne and Jacqui Harrett for their Summer workshop that focusses on creativity and wellbeing. The Creating Words: Creating Wellbeing workshop will feature exercises to build confidence and enjoy this time to write. We are keen to share our ideas on various aspects of the writing process and how to work with a writing buddy providing opportunities to engage with writing exercises and discussion/questions. The workshop is suitable for both beginners and those who just want to hone their craft in a supportive and convivial atmosphere.
The workshop focusses on:
- Creating ideas and sharing inspiration;
- Using writing to relax in a sociable and supportive environment;
- Exploring feelings by creating words;
- Developing awareness of the ability of the written word to soothe and nurture;
- Creating a short piece of writing, perhaps a poem or a piece of prose;
- Reflect on the skills practised and next steps; and
- Enjoying the atmosphere and environs of the Rural Skills Centre.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
At the end of this workshop, you will take home;
Those attending the Summer Creating Words: Creating Wellbeing workshop at the Rural Skills Centre receive a certificate of attendance. It is also hoped that work produced from the workshop will form part of an e-publication.
- Please bring paper and a pencil or pen.
- If the weather permits we shall go outdoors so stout shoes/boots or wellingtons are advised and warm clothing in the cooler months.
- Tea/Coffee and cake will be provided.
- Lunch will be provided and can be eaten in the ‘Tack Room’. You are welcome to bring your own lunch should you prefer.
- All facilities are accessible.
- There is plenty of parking at the centre.
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
Browse all UK Creative Writing courses
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners