Spend a day learning the craft of needle-felting or improving your existing needle felt skills while creating a 2D portrait of a pet, animal, or person.
You will be working from a photo to learn how to:
* choose a suitable background material to needle felt your portrait onto
* select a suitable photo or picture to work from to give you a great portrait result
* transfer the photo (or picture) onto your felting background
* select the colour and texture fibres which will represent your portrait
* colour blending of fibres to get accurate colours which create depth and tone, rather than flat
* use highlights and shadows to make your portrait appear 3D
* build up your portrait to add real 3D elements to introduce dimension
* create fur which looks realistic
* add final details (and to know when you're done!)
* present your portrait in a variety of ways, including mounting and framing
Maximum Workshop: 4 People
Time: arrive for 10am start - finish 4pm
Venue: Craft Workshops, Grassroots Garden Centre (separate studio within the grounds), Stalbridge Road, Henstridge BA8 0SA
As the workshop numbers are very small, this workshop is suitable for complete beginners to improvers as I can offer as much individual help as is needed during the workshop.
This class is suitable for adults or accompanied teens (a responsible adult will need to either attend or to be present in the workshop). If you are not sure if this workshop is suitable for your teen please ask any questions before booking - always happy to help and advise.
You will need:
* A photo or picture to work from (please make sure you have permission to use the photo for art if you didn't take the original image - I can show you where to find images with permission to use them if you need help with this)
* Your lunch. And snacks if you'd like them.
* 4 People max for Workshops
* 1 person per 6ft (185cm) table (so you can work spaced out from other workshop attendees)
* Well ventilated, clean Workshop (as ever!)
* Hand Sanitiser (please continue to use it frequently)
* Separate Toilet Facilities for just our Workshop (so you know who you could have been in contact with and to minimise contact with general public)
We encourage everyone to continue to respect other people's space.
You are very welcome to wear a mask or face covering at any time during your visit to the Workshop (there is absolutely no need to feel uncomfortable about wanting to wear a facemask) but you are not required to wear a facemask while you are crafting in your workspace.
Please still bring a mask with you to wear in the general shared spaces such as the toilet area and corridor to the Workshop (this may change in due course so please check your reminder email sent out the week before your Workshop date).
If you have any concerns or questions about attending Workshops with the restrictions lifted, please let me know and we will work together to make sure that you are confident that you can craft safely in the Workshop.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Included is your tuition, felting fibres, and like-minded crafting company as well as the use of felting needles and other tools.
You will have opportunity to join an online Craft Workshops group where we offer support, advice, and general cheerleading of your crafting endeavours, whatever your level of experience.
Hot and cold drinks will be provided throughout the day. Please bring your lunch and snacks.
1 day (10:00am to 4:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
1 day (10:00am to 4:00pm)
We really loved making moon-gazing hares with Sally Evans. We had such a lovely, relaxing time and really appreciated how Sally enabled us to complete our hares by the end of the day. We had such a sense of achievement and have had lots of lovely feedback on them. Sally introduced us to the techniques involved and also gave us lots of choice so we could personalise our designs. She is an excellent teacher and we were made to feel very much at home in her workshop.
Response from Craft Workshops:Thank you so much for your review - great to meet you both and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Sally
Had the best day doing this course, the workshop was warm and inviting, and all covid precautions were in place.
Sally was very welcoming and made the day very enjoyable.
Everything was explained very clearly and instruction easy to follow.
It would be worth attending other needle felting classes before this one as you need an understanding of needle felting for this class.
Would highly recommend any of Sally's classes, they are always a pleasure.
Response from Craft Workshops:Thank you for your lovely review Leandah - it was a very enjoyable day and great to see you again. Your hare is fab and I look forward to helping you finish it off :)
I attended Sally's course on needle felting a teddy bear. It was my first introduction to needle felting. I had a fantastic day with Sally and others. Sally is an excellent tutor - very welcoming, well organised, clear with her instructions and demonstrations. She has given me the confidence to continue. I'm already planning to attend new courses with Sally to develop my needle felting skills. Sally has been inspirational. I would recommend Sally's workshops.
Response from Craft Workshops:Thank you for your lovely review Barbara and thank you for coming to the workshop ~ it was a really enjoyable day. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make in the future with the Teddy Bears and also to seeing you on some more Workshop days soon!
I thoroughly enjoyed the needle felted teddy bear workshop. Sally was very welcoming and I felt at ease throughout the day within a small friendly group of like minded people keen to learn a new skill. Sally was a very good tutor, very patient and demonstrated all aspects of making the teddy bear clearly and simply. We all completed a little teddy bear on the course and I went away having learnt a lot more about needle felting. I highly recommend this course for anyone who has never needle felted before or for those who already have some experience.