About the Course
One week drawing course at Nottingham Trent University, aiming to give you a range of contemporary drawing tools from which to further develop your own studio practice.
The course will introduce anyone who is interested in expanding their drawing practice into experimental approaches for recording visual information, mark-making and as a form of expression.
This course is ideal for the beginner looking for an experimental approach to drawing, and to those with some experience who wish to get back into the studio and learn in a group.
During this course you will:
- learn how to see the potential in the everyday and the overlooked, and to engage in enjoyable and challenging drawing projects
- challenge the hierarchy of eye-to-hand coordination and open up new ways of working
- gain experience of a wide range of conventional and unconventional materials
- explore mark-making through mediation and negotiation, furthering your artistic communication skills
- use drawing as installation to gain an understanding of how drawing can be performed using the body and the space.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you will leave with a sketchbook full of new ideas and a new found enthusiasm for drawing.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above).
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
One week of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 12.
Modern accommodation is available a short walk from our studios and is available to those booked on to a summer school course for an additional fee. Accommodation can be booked online via the link above.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.