Collagraph is a very open printmaking method, where you can create your own image on a collagraph plate using texture and transfer it onto paper.
You can experiment with different textures and techniques, guided by printmaking artist Amy Sterly. Use textures and line to create a unique plate that will be inked and put through a press at the lovely Clywedog workshop. The landscape will inspire you and it is a simple and rewarding process to create beautiful works of art.
This workshop is suited for anyone, including complete beginners.
Amy will guide you through the collagraph process and show you how to;
- Create your design
- Use collagraph techniques to create textures
- Transfer your print
- Use printmaking equipment and tools, including the printing press.
Amy Sterly has exhibited throughout the UK, Europe and USA, and has over 30 years’ experience in sculpture, printmaking, and art. She regularly hosts printmaking workshops and Wales and is currently the Artist in Residence at Radiate Arts. See her other printmaking workshops on our profile.
Appropriate social distancing measures will be in place throughout. Our buildings have disabled access and we have adaptable equipment.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
- 6 hour workshop (including 1 hour for lunch)
- All tools and materials will be provided for.
- Lunch will be provided for by Caffi Clywedog half way through the workshop.
- Expert tuition from a leading print-maker.
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)