About the Course
Our courses usually run from 10.30am and finish at 4pm (unless arranged on booking) on a day that we both choose. Drop me an email with the best weekdays that work for you.
We will cover:
▪ Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
▪ Everything you need to get started: materials, ingredients and equipment and stockists
▪ Safety aspects of working with sodium hydroxide
▪ Preparation of your moulds and various moulding options
▪ Using additives in soap such as flowers, seeds, oats, oxides, herbs, spices & clays
▪ Adding nutrient oils for various skin conditions
▪ Blending pure essential oils for fragrance
▪ Mixing, the insulating myth, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
▪ Ideas for your packaging/labels etc
▪ The legalities of selling your soaps
We’ll start the day with Tea and cake where you will be given your course pack and notes for the day, alongside your own fabulous Little Soap School apron. The morning is spent quickly talking you through the theory with one of our knowledgeable tutors, and making demo batches, but we believe you learn by doing, so you’re let loose after lunch to get your hands messy mixing your own batches!
You’ll go home laden with your creations and all the skills needed to either make soaps for your friends and family hereon in or even take it a step further and create your own small business… soap making is one of the few hobbies that costs very little to set up (around £30 in base oils, gloves, goggles and a thermometer – other equipment you’ll already have at home).
And the day doesn’t end there…. we are not going anywhere and we are passionate in wanting the world to use proper soap – so if you get stuck when you get home or a few months down the line have any questions then you’ll have our numbers and email and we love to hear how you’re going and to keep in touch and will help with any glitches or questions!
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Tea/ Coffee/ Drinks and cake on arrival, and on tap throughout the day! A lunch break is provided and we are a five minute stroll from beautiful Broadway village, which is full of places to eat, shops to wander around and things to see.
All materials and ingredients are included for the course, you just need to bring yourself and a box to transport your wares home!
We end the day with tea/ coffee/ drinks and more cake for those that would like to.
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.