Christmas themed Beginners Enamelling Taster Sessions - Half Day
Contact course provider
About the Course
To book a place on our workshop please (we request a £10 non-refundable deposit to secure your place) contact Maggie Directly. Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07751362171
Enamelling is the art of fusing glass to metal at high temperatures, using action. We'll be exploring enamelling step by step, learning to fuse finely powdered enamel onto the surface of copper to create beautiful a glossy glassy surface. These ancient techniques were first used by the Chinese, Greeks, Celts and Egyptians to decorate metal and add colour to metal jewellery and other precious objects. During the half day taster session, we will experiment with a range of simple decorative techniques to create your own one-off pieces, to make your own unique jewellery or small pieces. Lynette and Ann will demonstrate and guide you through the processes involved.
You will learn the basics of enamelling, including
• Cover health and safety and the kiln firing processes
• Prepare copper for enamelling
• Applying a counter enamel
• Explore the use of opaque and transparent enamels
• Use decorative inclusions (e.g. Frit, glass threads, millefiori, and copper wire)
• Explore colour, and surface designs with stencils, printing and drawing
You will design at least one piece to finish and mount on jewellery findings by the end of the day.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• Use of all tools, equipment and a wide range of materials
• One copper blank -which you can make either into a pendant, keyring and more. Or use it to produce a small picture. You will have a choice of different copper shapes
• A supply of silver-plated jewellery findings will be available on which to mount your sample pieces
• Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided, enamelling if thirsty work!
• Information will be provided on suppliers of enamelling equipment and jewellery findings should you decide that you want to pursue your new hobby
We limit each workshop to a maximum of 10 people to ensure individual attention and faster learning.
To book a place on our workshop please (we request a £10 non-refundable deposit to secure your place) contact Maggie Directly. Contact Email: email@example.com
Review this course
Course Start DatesSaturday 24th November 2018
Browse all UK Enamelling courses
- Child friendly
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
- Suitable for stag and hen dos
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.