A fantastic opportunity to create a number of unique ceramic buttons or tiles or a piece of ceramic jewellery to your own design which you can use on your own special projects.
On the day you’ll learn the techniques for making your pieces from scratch, this includes clay preparation, cutting, texture and colour. The cost includes glazing and kiln firing by Margaret after the workshop. Your best pieces (around 20 buttons/9 tiles or pendants/brooches, depending on scale) will be available for collection either from her Roundhay studio, Fabrication in Leeds or York City Centre, or by post (small additional cost). Extra items can be included at additional cost.
No previous experience is necessary.
The workshop is run by Margaret Glackin who is an experienced ceramic designer-maker.
All equipment and materials will be provided
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• Coloured slip
• All tools related to the process
• Process notes
• Sample ideas and colour chart
Students need to bring:
• An overall/apron
• Optional - special pastry/cookie cutters to make button shapes (some will be available)
• Optional – special cloth remnants with raised shape (eg lace) or embossed stamps
• Ideas of button shapes/designs or a project you have in mind e.g coat, cushion, bag
Margaret Glackin and Catherine Faley at Clay and Wood Works
Fabrication 79 Albion Street Leeds West Yorkshire LS15AP