About the Course
A fantastic opportunity to create a number of unique ceramic buttons of your own design which you can use on your own special projects (an item of clothing, a cushion, bag, etc).
The workshop is led by Margaret Glackin, an experienced ceramic artist.
On the day you’ll learn the techniques for making ceramic buttons from scratch, this includes clay preparation, cutting, texture and colour. The cost includes glazing and kiln firing by Margaret and your buttons will be available for collection either from her North Leeds studio, Fabrication in Leeds City Centre, or (for an additional £3.50) via post (mainland UK, including N. Ireland, price will differ outside this area).
No previous experience is necessary.
To book please go to our website using the "button" link above.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• Coloured slip
• All tools related to the process
• Process notes
• Sample ideas and colour chart
Students need to bring:
• An overall/apron
• Optional - special pastry/cookie cutters to make button shapes (some will be available)
• Optional – special cloth remnants with raised shape (eg lace) or embossed stamps
• Ideas of button shapes/designs or a project you have in mind e.g coat, cushion, bag
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.