Course Provider: Rock Bakehouse
Contact Name: Nathalie
Telephone: 07999 783784
Course Length: 10am - 3.30pm
5 star rating, 2 reviewers.
Please get in touch for the next available date.
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Our cake decorating basics class is a one day class where you will learn all there is know on how to cover and decorate a sponge cake with sugarpaste. The class is suitable for complete beginners or for those that want to brush up or perfect their cake covering skills. In this class you will learn:
- All about cakes and which ones are suitable for icing
- How to split, level, cut and fill and a cake ready to be iced
- How to apply a crumb coat to prepare your cake ready to be iced
- How to roll prepare and roll out your icing for covering
- How to cover your cake so that you get a professional, neat and flawless finish
- Working with levelers, spacers, smoothers and other equipment correctly
- How to colour icing correctly and what colourings to use
- How to finish off your cake board and cake
- Decoration Spray – learn how to make decorations and attach to wires for a spray of decorations plus learn how to attach to cake
- Lettering – Learn how to use make letters for your cakes which will allow you to put any message on a cake
- Colour palettes – how to find the correct colour scheme for your cake and incorporating it into the design
- Be able to ask any question you may have about cakes and cake decorating
Please check your diary – refunds or transfers are not available once payment is made. For further information please view our terms and conditions.
What's included in the price?
You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day. We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere and small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. You’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again. A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your cake creation!
Browse all UK
Cake decorating courses
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.