Given the current Government Guidelines (November 2020) and the Venues own Guidelines, we feel it would be prudent to resume our Workshops in April 2021, subject to any National and Local requirements.
Therefore, if you would like to attend one of the future Workshops, please contact us and as soon as possible, we will confirm the dates as listed.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Our workshop teaches you the basic skills of candle-making where you will create container candles including natural and fragranced; a fragranced candle in a teacup, all made from 100% natural soy wax; and a rolled Beeswax candle.
Our Candle-making Workshops are suitable for beginners or people just starting out and wanting to learn more, and to ensure individual attention we keep our groups small and aim for a maximum of 5 people in each workshop.
You will learn about:
- the basic rules of looking after yourself – the health & safety bit!
- the different types of wax used in candle-making
- the equipment needed for candle-making
- wick types and how to burn a candle correctly
- the differences between essential and fragrance oils
- how to measure the correct amount of wax, fragrance and dye
- the step by step process of making a container candle
- how to assemble and hand pour your container candles
- current legislation on candle labelling
- potential suppliers
At the end of the workshop you will leave with your personally handcrafted candles and even the confidence to create your own candles at home with one of our inexpensive kits available at the end of the workshop. So why not treat yourself or a friend (or both!) to a great morning out and learn a new skill?
The venue is Heath End Village Hall in Tadley only 8 miles from Basingstoke.
We start at 10.30am and finish around 1pm and most importantly we provide tea, coffee and biscuits!
We look forward to meeting you all.
Any questions please do not hesitate to select the 'Ask a Question' tab to get in touch.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
For each Workshop you will have:
- the use of tools and equipment
- all materials will be supplied
- and, most importantly, tea, coffee and biscuits
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
2½ hours (10:30am to 1:00pm)
Next available date
10th April 2021