Join us in person at our custom-built workshop in the heart of the Cotswolds and discover sensational transformations and secret techniques. Spend an exciting full day crafting with eco-resin Jesmonite and leave with the know-how to create bespoke handmade candles and enviably-stylish coasters! Perfect for beginners!
This jam-packed 6 hour Candle Making and Coasters Jesmonite Homeware Workshop will guide your creativity through two cutting-edge projects. Learn how to cast sleek Jesmonite candle vessels using playful design techniques before curating your very own scent palette and turning your vessels into fragrant designer candles. But wait! That's not all! For the next step of your crafting adventure you'll how to encase bold colour fragments within liquid Jesmonite and, once cured, remove the upper surface to reveal the amazing patterns hiding beneath. Take home your new unique bespoke homeware and get ready for the compliments!
You will learn how to:
- Design and make Jesmonite candle holders, candles and terrazzo coasters
- Form your own terrazzo fragments to use within your work
- Add fragrance to wax and turn vessels into usable bespoke candles
- Mix, measure and pour Jesmonite
- Create Jesmonite design effects such as layers, blends and marbling
- Encase colourful fragments within Jesmonite and create on-trend Terrazzo effects
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
We're thrilled to be preparing to welcome crafters back to our Costwolds HQ! We will re-start our workshops in line with government regulation when safe to do so. We are currently taking bookings in line with the government road map, if there is a delay to the relaxation of the guidelines, those booked on affected workshops will have the option to move to another workshop date or receive a full refund.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We will show you how to create your very own masterpieces without using expensive or sophisticated equipment, and in this 6-hour workshop you will make three Jesmonite coasters and three Jesmonite candles.
- All materials required (Jesmonite, Jesmonite pigments, silicone moulds, mixing tools, PPE, substrates, etc)
- Teaching by Resin8's in-house Jesmonite and resin expert
- Small class sizes to ensure dedicated tuition and answers to all your questions
- An exclusive discount to spend on Resin8 goodies (to be used on the day of the workshop)
- Access to our warehouse to stock up on your Resin8 supplies in person
- The pleasure of spending 6 hours with us - why not learn from the best?!
- Tea, coffee, and plenty of biscuits to keep you fuelled throughout the day. Please bring a packed lunch with you.
Remember to wear clothes that you don't mind getting messy and please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our full terms and conditions including our cancellation policy before booking a place.
6 hours (10:00am to 4:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.