About the Course
Calligraphy is the art of producing written work with a beautiful appearance. In ancient times religious works, royal decrees, books and plays were all written by hand and so began the art of creating beautifully presented letters. On this break you can learn the art of calligraphy whether you are a complete beginner or have some experience. Our experienced leader will give demonstrations, talking you through the different pens and nibs you can use and the importance of holding the pen correctly. You’ll practice what you’re shown and will soon be turning your handwriting into a thing of beauty. You can then use your new-found skills for invites, cards, decorating your home and much more.
- Discover the ancient art of calligraphy
- Create fantastic works of art using a variety of pens and nibs
- Build your confidence in small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Take away the skills you learn to use at home
HF Holidays have been offering activity breaks since 1913, with stunning destinations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Click through to our website for a full itinerary, secure online booking, and to explore our full range of holidays.
Prices may be subject to change. Please click on the ‘Book online’ button above for up-to-date prices and availability.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- High-quality full board en-suite accommodation and excellent food in our country house
- Guidance and tuition from a knowledgeable HF Holidays Leader, to ensure you get the most from your holiday
- Loan of wooden A3 art boards
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.