CAD for Textile Design - Nottingham Trent University
Contact course provider
About the Course
On this practical, Mac-based course you’ll learn how to experiment with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create mood-boards, portfolio layouts and innovative textile designs that demonstrate your creativity and technical skills.
This course is ideal for fashion and textile designers at all stages of their career, as well as technicians and teachers.
So long as you’ve an interest in fashion, textiles, surface decoration or interiors you’ll be welcome to attend.
Ideally you’ll bring to the course fashion or textile designs that you’re currently working on or which inspire you, so as to ensure you get the most out of the practical projects. The course leader will teach specific skills related to your own requirements.
On this course you will:
- research current trends in textile design for the fashion, home and interiors
- learn how to create mood boards, colour palettes and portfolio layouts
- be introduced to techniques through group demonstrations, and benefit from one-to-one tutorials to aid your development
- learn how designers use CAD today to create innovative new work and how they are thinking about textile design in the future
- have the opportunity to create your own brief based on your area of interest and personal style
- learn how to create repeat pattern using Adobe creative suite, utilising your area of specialism: knit, weave, embroidery or print
- experiment with painting and drawing tools, image manipulation, pattern, repetition, texture and colour
- learn how to do CAD flat drawings using Adobe Illustrator
- learn how to do room or fashion mock ups that show off your fabric designs.
The course will be taught on the Mac and, whilst no software experience is required, you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions. You’ll also be shown how scanners and printers work.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you’ll have a portfolio of new digital artwork that can be used for work or to enhance a CV or be a part of a college application. You’ll also have a good understanding of how the computer can be used in different specialist areas such as print repeats and woven and knitted designs.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above). If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
25 hours of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 10
Review this course
Course Start DatesMonday 30th July 2018
Saturday 2nd February 2019
- Accessible by public transport
- Disabled access
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.