About the Course
This course is aimed at those who have gained an understanding of CAD for fashion print and textile design through professional experience or by having attended a beginner’s course at NTU or elsewhere.
It is suitable for those wishing to improve and expand their CAD skills, with a focus on enhancing your software knowledge further to enable you to create of a wider variety of designs.
As well as group project-based discussions and demonstrations, individual one-to-one sessions will allow for more personalised tutoring.
Ideally you will bring with you projects and ideas you are currently working on or designs you are interested in learning how to create.
The course leader will teach specific skills related to your own requirements.
On this course you will:
- create complex repeat patterns
- see how the new Textile Designer for Photoshop works
- understand about colour and print processes
- learn about digitising, tidying and cutting out hand-drawn designs
- learn how to present your designs on photographic garments and products
- learn about re-colouring and separating artwork for print
- learn best practise for artwork and file set-up
- learn about the processes to be able to sell your designs digitally online
- learn how to use websites such as Contrado and Spoonflower to sample your designs onto fabrics.
What will you gain?
After completing this course, you will have developed your individual CAD skills for fashion print further giving you the skills to create professional artwork.
“Stephen is one of the best teachers I have ever come across.” FJ
“I enjoyed Stephen’s style of tutoring and enthusiasm throughout. The course was spot on – from start to finish. I would not hesitate to attend another course led by him.” PS
“Our tutor was available to suit our personal needs during the course, so everyone got what they expected. Working with our own artwork was great as well.” JF
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Three days of quality tuition with an expert tutor. Maximum class size: 10
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.