Do you want to develop a full home fragrance line of products such as candles, reed diffusers and room sprays in one day with full labelling compliance and branding?
This expert one to one focused business workshop will enable you to create a complete line of candle and home fragrances products.
To stand out you need to be different. Beauty Handmade inspire and train ambitious individuals to build meaningful and rich candle brand that disrupts an already crowded market. Zaga offers professional business candle making and home perfumery one to one training at her perfume lab in Chelsea, London.
Zaga is a passionate Creative Perfumer & Candle Designer with over 15 years in the industry. Her workshops are bespoke, practical, engaging and hands on. Her clients range from start ups to entrepreneurs from South America, Italy, Israel, China, Singapore, Nigeria, Kenya, India, Vietnam, UK, Philippines , Malaysia and Dubai. She has done collaborative projects with Virgin, Carlsberg, Live Nation and most recently ITV Dancing on Ice Show.
This workshop is also offered online via a Skype session, please see my other listings or contact me for more information.
Who is this course suitable for?
You are an ambitious, smart individual with a great burning determination to succeed. You are ready and willing to give 100% focus and commitment to creating your own business. You want to become a candle entrepreneur and create a brand that will stand out from the crowd.
Following the workshop, you will be able to apply what you have learned straight away and create a business that will stand out with an authentic purpose, unique brand story and quality products.
You will leave my workshop inspired, motivated and confident.
Booking and Payments:
Due to limited availability please request a booking date at least 1 week in advance by contacting me either prior or following your full online payment. I do not hold provisional bookings or reservations. All workshop fees must be paid in full to guarantee your booking in place.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will take home:
-One glass container scented soy candle that you make on the day.
- A perfumed Eco Reed Diffuser – created from scratch using specific formulations - 100ml with 6 reeds in glass bottle
- A perfumed Eco Room and/or Pillow spray – created from scratch using specific formulations 100ml - in glass bottle.
Branding for candle businesses:
An introduction to developing your business idea and further discussions and worksheets to help you determine your brand positioning, your niche, your value and the 'face' of your brand persona.
Note: this is not to be skipped part as you will miss out a lot. I have a proven strategy to get you as quickly as possible to determine your niche and your unique selling point. You might come from the marketing background and have a huge marketing experience which I truly admire and appreciate, but you are not an expert for candle business branding and marketing.
Candle making process – practical & hands on, including:
1. Step by step process of making a scented soy container candle
2. What obstacles you will be encountering en route to product development and how to solve issues
3. How to choose the right wax for your business
4. Natural waxes and wicks – SWOT Analysis
5. Natural wicks and how to determine the size
6. Equipment needed when starting as a small business and how to set up for scaling
7. Why fragrances misbehave and how to solve this issue with some of the trade secrets exposed
8. I will share the whole list of my contacts and suppliers with you for your future business trade accounts and purchases
9. Pricing calculations and formulas
Legislation – a detailed overview:
1. Legislation and selling legalities – a detailed overview of the legislation including resources and contacts for regulators
2.Product Safety Directive and why it matters to your business
3. Safety tests required for your candle burn, including testing for safety information and worksheets
Reed diffuser and room spray (linen spray) making process – practical & hands on including:
1. Step by step process of making a scented reed diffuser using commercially viable formula
2. Access to fragrance dilutants
3. Access to synthetic and natural fragrances
4. How to create a balanced formula
5. Equipment needed
6. Introduction to packaging options
7. A list of my contacts and suppliers for your future business trade accounts and purchases
8. Pricing calculations and formulas
All equipment and material along with printed out notes will be available to you to take home including a container candle that will be scented with your choice of Beauty Handmade proprietary and carefully composed fragrances. Plenty of teas and coffees with be served during the workshop.
Support after the workshop: I do provide complementary further support as I appreciate you may have questions to ask and obstacles to take care of on your product and business development journey.
Price of the workshop is per person. I appreciate that you wish to bring a friend, family member or a colleague and please note that they are required to pay a full price if they are to accompany you to the workshop. No discounts are offered.
To cancel or reschedule a workshop please allow 7 days prior to an agreed date. More detailed information about cancellation policy can be found on our Terms and Conditions page and FAQ.
Lunch is not included. However there are lots of lovely places to eat in the area.
Copyright content and workshop materials:
All workshop content is copyright protected. This simply means that you cannot copy it without permission.
What you will need
No need to bring anything as all material and equipment will be provided to you along with pens and paper and workshop printed material
Zaga at Beauty Handmade
559 Kings Road, Kings Court, Chelsea Chelsea London London SW62EB
I took this course not as a beginner but as someone somewhat advanced in the industry and even at that i was still able to learn new things. Zaga is quite patient, she takes her time to explain things, going over even the seemingly basic stuff. She's an impressive body of knowledge and is willing to share this with her students. Before embarking on this course, i had some reservations but after going through it, i can totally say i got my money's worth and so much more. The course is suitable for both beginners and advanced chandlers alike.
This course was a great decision for me. I got a lot more out of it that I expected and I particularly loved the fact that it's one on one. Definitely worth the investment in yourself and your business if you're looking to be a force in the industry
Deciding to take this course I will say is one of the best decision I have made so far.
Zaga was totally brilliant all the way and ready to answer all my questions patiently no matter how insignificant or silly it was.
I would totally recommend this course to anyone looking to set up their business. It is worth the time and money.