About the Course
Want to develop a full home fragrance line of products such as candles, reed diffusers and room sprays in one day with full labelling compliance and branding?
To stand out you need to be different. Beauty Handmade inspire and train ambitious individuals to build meaningful and rich candle brand that disrupts an already crowded market. Zaga offers professional business candle making and home perfumery one to one training at her perfume lab in Chelsea, London.
Zaga is a passionate Creative Perfumer & Candle Designer with over 15 years in the industry. Her workshops are bespoke, practical, engaging and hands on. Her clients range from start ups to entrepreneurs from South America, Italy, Israel, China, Singapore, Nigeria, Kenya, India, Vietnam, UK, Philippines , Malaysia and Dubai. She has done collaborative projects with Virgin, Carlsberg, Live Nation and most recently ITV Dancing on Ice Show.
Expert one to one focused candle making business workshop with added reed diffusers, room and linen spray designed to enable you to create a complete line of candle and home fragrances products.
Duration: 3 hours
Time & Date: Mon to Sat (10am–5pm)
Where: BH Perfume Studio in Chelsea
Who for: You are an ambitious, smart individual with a great burning determination to succeed. You are ready and willing to give 100% focus and commitment to creating your own business. You want to become a candle entrepreneur and create a brand that will stand out from the crowd.
Following workshop: You will be able to apply what you have learned straight away and create a business that will stand out with an authentic purpose, unique brand story and quality products.
You will leave my workshop inspired, motivated and confident.
Support after workshop: I do provide a complimentary further support as I appreciate you may have questions to ask and obstacles to take care of on your product and business development journey.
Booking and Payments:
Due to limited availability please request a booking date at least 1 week in advance by contacting me either prior or following your full online payment. I do not hold provisional bookings or reservations. All workshop fees must be paid in full to guarantee your booking in place.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will take home:
-One glass container scented soy candle that you make on the day.
- A perfumed Eco Reed Diffuser – created from scratch using specific formulations - 100ml with 6 reeds in glass bottle
- A perfumed Eco Room and/or Pillow spray – created from scratch using specific formulations 100ml - in glass bottle.
Branding for candle businesses:
Introduction of your business idea and further discussions and worksheets as to determine your brand positioning, you niche, your value and physiology of your brand persona.
Note: this is not to be skipped part as you will miss out a lot. I have proven strategy to get you as quickly as possible to determine your niche and your true difference. You might come from the marketing background and have a huge marketing experience which I truly admire and appreciate but you are not an expert for candle business branding and marketing.
Candle making process – practical & hands on engaging:
1. Step by step process of making a scented soy container candle
2. What obstacles you will be encountering on route to product development and how to solve the issues
4. How to choose the right wax for your business.
5. Natural waxes and wicks – SWOT Analysis
6. Natural wicks and how to determine the size
7. Equipment needed when starting as a small business and how to set up for scaling
8. Why fragrances misbehave and how to solve this issue with some of the trade secrets exposed
9. I will share the whole list of my contacts and suppliers with you for your future business trade accounts and purchases
10. Pricing calculations and formulas
Legislation – a detailed overview:
1. Legislation and selling legalities – a detailed overview of the Legislation including resources and contacts for Regulators
2.Product Safety Directive and why it matters to your business
3. Safety tests required for your candle burn including testing for safety information and worksheets
Reed diffuser and room spray (linen spray) making process – practical & hands on engaging:
Step by step process of making a scented reed diffuser using commercially viable formula
1. Access to fragrance dilutants
2. Access to synthetic and natural fragrances
3. How to create a balanced formula
4. Equipment needed
5. Introduction to packaging options
9. List of my contacts and suppliers for your future business trade accounts and purchases
10. Pricing calculations and formulas
All equipment and material along with printed out notes will be available to you to take home including a container candle that will be scented with your choice of Beauty Handmade proprietary and carefully composed fragrances. Plenty of teas and coffees with be served during the workshop.
Price of the workshop is per person. I appreciate that you wish to bring a friend, family member or a colleague and please note that they are required to pay a full price if they are to accompany you to the workshop. No discounts are offered.
To cancel or reschedule a workshop please allow 7 days prior to an agreed date. More detailed information about cancellation policy can be found on our Terms and Conditions page and FAQ.
Lunch is not included. However there are lots of lovely places to eat in the area.
Copyright content and workshop materials:
All workshop content is copyright protected. This simply means that you cannot copy it without permission.
This course was a great decision for me. I got a lot more out of it that I expected and I particularly loved the fact that it's one on one. Definitely worth the investment in yourself and your business if you're looking to be a force in the industry
Salma - - #22841
Deciding to take this course I will say is one of the best decision I have made so far.
Zaga was totally brilliant all the way and ready to answer all my questions patiently no matter how insignificant or silly it was.
I would totally recommend this course to anyone looking to set up their business. It is worth the time and money.
Emem - - #13923
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.