Course Start DatesSaturday 4th April 2020
About the Course
This course is aimed at beginners to give you an introduction into the world of blacksmithing.
During your time with us, you will be manufacturing your very own small-scale decorative item to take home with you at the end of the day.
You will be given a range of seasonal objects to choose from but we welcome you to bring along your own ideas, however, adaptations may have to be made to ensure they are achievable in the timescale.
Whilst manufacturing your piece you will learn how to:
- control a solid fuel forge
- perform the traditional techniques that have remained unchanged for centuries:
- forging: drawing out, upsetting
- forming: bending, twisting
- cutting: chiselling, punching
- joining: fire welding, rivetin
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book 2 weeks in advance of course date
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All course materials are included
Tea & Coffee will be provided