This is the autumn intensive version of our 10 week Beginners Jewellery Making Course. Running Monday 25th – Thursday 28th October 10am – 3.00pm (including a half hour break for lunch each day)
On the Beginners Silver Jewellery Making course you will learn traditional jewellery making techniques including soldering, sawing, texturing, doming and making a chain.
You will take home your first silver ring at the end of the first lesson!
There will also be a chance for you to work on individual projects as you develop your skills and your own design ideas.
If you are interested in the 10 week version of this class pleased get in touch to discuss current availability.
This course is £250 and materials are charged as extras each day. To give you a rough guide students usually use between £40-80 over the course obviously it varies depending on how much you use in your designs.
This class will be taught by Laura Llewellyn who has 10 years experience of teaching jewellery making.
This class is taught at our Basingstoke Studio; we are 5 minutes from the town centre and junction 6 of the M3. There is free parking available at the studio.
Classes are suitable for anyone over 16; for ages 14-16 they will need to be accompanied by an adult who is also booked into the class. Please contact us to discuss the suitability of classes for under 14’s prior to booking.
Obviously to reopen the studio following lockdown we have made several changes in the studio and to the way we work within it these include-
*We will be keeping these systems in place until there is further guidance from the Government regarding the next steps and will update our policies accordingly. Please note class sizes may increase as we continue to come out of lockdown. The latest information will be on the website and sent to you prior to the classes starting*
- Reduced class sizes of 6 maximum in each class with a space at every other bench to allow for metre + social distancing. Screens are also hung between the spaces.
- A tool kit at each one of these benches including most of the tools you will need however there are a few that need to be shared around the studio; these will need to be wiped down after each use and only one person to be at these areas at a time.
- Everyone to wear a facemask or face shield in the studio. Please bring one with you.
- Everyone to hand wash upon entering the studio and regularly throughout the class.
- If you wish to wear gloves please remove when using the torches to solder as they are a potential hazard.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided and I will be asking for help to wipe down your tools and work area at the end of each session.
- No cash payments; please pay for your classes online before your session and if you have any materials to pay for please bring a card so we can do payments on the card machine.
- A video system to film demonstrations and show them on a tv screen.
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments to the studio.
We need everyone’s help to adjust to the new systems need everyone to appreciate the steps that we have put in place and to follow these new guidelines so we can all be as safe as possible.
If you display any symptom of the virus please DO NOT attend any sessions; follow government guidelines with regards to self isolating. Please give as much notice as possible and we will work with you to rearrange your lesson to another time.
Should you develop symptoms after your class please advise us so we can take the necessary steps with advising any one else you may have been in contact with at the school.
If there are further restrictions from the government I will of course re assess the situation and if we go into another lockdown we will close immediately.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We have all the tools you will need to use during the course and will have the silver available for you to use (this will be charged as an extra each day based on what you use).
4 days (10:00am to 3:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
4 days (10:00am to 3:00pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information