About the Course
This beginners class is for anyone who is new to working with metal clay and would like to spend an exciting day experimenting and learning new techniques.
Metal clay is a clay based substance containing millions of tiny silver particles. When you fire the clay under a torch or in a kiln all of the clay burns away and you are left with solid silver - it's like magic!
Techniques covered in this class include:
- Rolling out the clay to a consistent thickness
- Texturing and cutting out shapes
- Sanding, polishing and drilling
- Torch firing and basics of kiln firing
- Basic stone setting
- Adding multiple layers of clay and much more...
We generally follow three projects throughout the day which include:
- A small stone set pendant
- A small charm using moulding compound
- A pair of earrings
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
The use of all tools and materials as well as tea and biscuits!
You'll get to take home the pieces you make on the day.