Course Provider: Dry Stone Walling Association Dorset Branch
Contact Name: Peter Curtis
Telephone: 07748 982316
1 Serrells Mead Cottages
Course Length: 2 days
0 star rating, 0 reviewers.
Beginners’ Dry Stone Walling
All of our courses are suitable for beginners and improvers and are run by qualified DSWA instructors.
We have courses planned throughout the year and can arrange more if there is the demand (a minimum of 6 trainees). Please get in touch for dates and details.
It starts at about 9.30 on the Saturday and finishes at about 4.00pm on Sunday.
Each course covers: - Health and safety
- Use of tools - Preparing the site
- Laying foundations - Building the wall
All our courses are very practical and over the two days you will take down and re-build a length of dry-stone wall under the expert eye of the instructor and branch members will be on hand to help You can work at your own pace and there is plenty of opportunity for discussion. Places on courses are limited to 12 participants per instructor and this ensures you get plenty of individual attention. It is physical work but anyone who is of average fitness can take part and it is very satisfying to see the finished wall at the end of the Sunday session.
What's included in the price?
What should you bring on the course? :-
- All of the tools that you need will be provided
- You should bring heavy duty, non-slip gloves
- You MUST wear safety boots
- It’s advisable to bring waterproofs and a hat if it is likely to be cold or wet and remember to bring sun-screen and a sun-hat for courses run during the summer. (Our sites can be very exposed)
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided but you should bring a packed lunch