Contact course provider
About the Course
The course will introduce students to the Foundational hand, plus related capital letters. During the course we will cover:
• Setting up your working area
• Ruling up guidelines
• Preparing, fitting, cleaning and using nibs correctly
• Identifying the characteristics of the letter forms
• Understanding calligraphic terms
• Writing Foundational with good proportions, pen angle and spacing
• Looking at basic layouts and design
• Finishing a piece
• Finishing a simple spiral design with card covers and decorative papers
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Teas and coffees will be provided each week, along with a supply of ink to get you started. Nibs, pen holders and boards will be available to purchase from the tutor at a small cost.
Review this course
Course Start DatesThursday 24th January 2019
Browse all UK Calligraphy courses
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners