Are you a beginner in sewing? Do you want to learn how to use your sewing machine properly? Maybe you have tried sewing before and want to get back into it, maybe you just want to have a go for the first time…
Do you get frustrated with the fact that you don’t really understand the ‘ins and outs’ of how to adjust the machines ‘knobs and dials’ in order to improve tension, stitch length and quality of your stitching? In one day I will teach you everything you need to know to be able to use your machine with confidence once you get home!
It doesn’t matter whether you have your own machine or not, you can come and learn all you need to know on one of our machines. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never touched a machine. I promise you it’s not that hard once you know how.
I will teach you about:
• The presser foot – adding and removing different feet, zipper foot, free motion embroidery foot (get confident with your screwdriver)!
• Winding a bobbin – it makes a difference if this isn’t done properly
• Threading the machine – once you know you’ll never forget
• Thread tension – this is a ‘biggy’
• Stitch length – stitch width settings and adjustments
• Needles – types, changing etc
We will also learn about:
• Fabric: different qualities and handle, grain lines
• Stitching seams, turning corners etc
We will make (so that you can practise what you have learned):
How to make a simple cushion pattern and go on to make an ‘envelope style’ cushion cover in a mini 8 inch size that you will be able to enlarge for any size cushion you have in your home.
At lunch time you will be able to buy food downstairs in the Stiwdio3 cafe. There are plenty of lovely lunch choices and amazing cake too!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
All materials are included in the ticket price. You are welcome to bring along your own sewing machine but we will have one here that you can use if you do not have your own machine.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.