Contact course provider
About the Course
Batik -Wall-Art or Cushion Panel
This will be a fun packed creative day where you will learn Batik techniques and take away some small practice samples and a completed piece approx 16 inch x 16 inch in 100% cotton. To be framed or it would be suitable to turn it into a cushion panel.
Batik is an ancient method that uses hot wax and batik fabric dyes , the wax is ironed out once the design process is complete to leave the white background of the fabric.
It will be a brilliant day - Fancy coming along?
(please arrive by 9:45 a.m. so we can start promptly).
Please bring suitable old clothes and protective gloves
Your design ideas
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
5 1/2 hours of creative tuition from Barbara
- Refreshments and a lovely light lunch provided.
- Opportunity to learn the basics of using hot batik wax and using tools and mark making techniques
- Lots of inspiration ideas, examples and techniques to get you started on your fabulous Batik journey
- Maximum of 6 places so you get lots of attention
- Many course options available on my website if you would like a taster session
- All materials are included
Booking is essential: please phone or visit my website
I’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy the Feltworld introduction to Batik. It’s a technique I had wanted to try for a long time and the course didn’t disappoint. All materials were supplied and the tuition was very helpful. A very enjoyable course
David Gough - - #16819
Review this course
Course Start DatesSunday 21st October 2018
Thursday 25th October 2018
Sunday 25th November 2018
Sunday 13th January 2019
Saturday 9th February 2019
Sunday 24th March 2019
Saturday 20th April 2019
- Accessible by public transport
- Child friendly
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
- Suitable for stag and hen dos
- Teen friendly
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.