Course Provider: Ecclesall Woods Craft Courses
Contact Name: Fay Kenyon
Telephone: 0114 235 6348
J G Graves Woodland Discovery Centre
Course Length: One day
5 star rating, 1 reviewers.
Introduction to Pole Lathe Turning - one day course
A Course to introduce you to Green wood craft and how to use a Pole Lathe. Have you ever wanted to make something amazing but lacked the confidence to have a go? This is the course for you and you will be developing a hobby which connects you with the environment can be profoundly satisfying. Our Tutor is a skilled Woodsman who makes greenwood craft for a living and is keen to enthuse new converts to green woodworking
You will spend the day:
1. Considering different types of wood and what you can make from it.
2. Looking at the types of tools used in Greenwood Craft, and how to use them.
3. Cleaving greenwood logs into billets ready for turning, using a Froe and an Axe.
4. Using a shavehorse and drawknife to shape the wood ready for turning.
5. Create your own craft to take home, a garden dibber, baseball bat or other simple turned object.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £30 admin fee) No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course.
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or needs.
What's included in the price?
All materials and tools are provided for you on the day. You will need to bring a packed lunch - drinks and biscuits are provided!
Please wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.
Dave Clark -
Browse all UK
Wood turning courses,
and Traditional woodland crafts and green woodworking courses
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.