In this three week workshop you will learn how to make a wire armature for this classic Barn Owl. Including needle felting techniques for sculpting the form and techniques for felted feathers and wings. This is an intermediate level class.
The workshop will take place via Zoom over 3 sessions in a very relaxed and friendly setting. You will be send step-by-step instructions as a printable PDF file to support each stage of the making process.
* Date: Sunday 4 April, 10am to 2pm
* Date: Sunday 11 April, 10am to 2pm
* Date: Sunday 18 April, 10am to 2pm
* Cost £75.00 (+ £3.85 delivery/postage)
* Payment is accepted by bank transfer.
Please message direct to book your place.
Each week you will spend approx. 4-6 hours on this project. You will attend a 4-hour live session with a tutor and we recommend additional time to refine each stage.
Creating the wire armature for your barn owl
Building up the form and sculpting the shape with wool batt
Blending coloured wool fibres
Needle felting the barn owl face
Felting the talons
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
What's included in the price?
* In-depth tuition over twelve hours that includes live demonstrations of how to construct your owl with personal help and support during the session.
* You will receive a needle felting kit that includes all material and design templates needed to complete this project.
What you will need:
* A Zoom account - please familiarise yourself with the basic working if you have never used Zoom before. I will contact you a few days beforehand with a password and meeting number.
* You will receive a list of suggested tools needed for this project, see suggestions below.
* Maximum of 10 people to ensure quality learning experience
Additional things you may need:
* Week 1 of this project: ☆ Scissors ☆ Ruler
* Week 2 of this project: ☆ Multi-needle holder/needles such as Clover pen tool
☆ Scissors ☆ Clear drying glue.
☆ Iron & Ironing board (do not plug in until I ask you to do so)
☆ Piece of thin cardboard to help neaten the edge of wings
* Week 3 of this project: ☆ Scissors ☆ Clear drying glue ☆ Black acrylic paint or permanent marker pen
Thank you for looking at the Birdie & Blossom workshop. Thank you.
This course is taught online