Artists & Writers in Cornwall - 7 Night Residential
Contact course provider
About the Course
With its spectacular scenery and fascinating history, Cornwall has always been a magnet for artists and writers. This is your chance to explore the places that inspired them. We will visit the artistic centres of St Ives, Newlyn and Penzance, potter around the Fowey estuary, home to Daphne Du Maurier, and head for the wild west, where some of the dramatic Poldark scenes were filmed.
• Barbara Hepworth studio, St Ives
• Charlestown: the 18th century port used as a filming location for Poldark
• Fowey: home of Daphne du Maurier
Chy Morvah, meaning 'house by the sea' in Cornish, is an appropriate name for this characteristic seaside property. Situated within walking distance of the centre of St Ives, it enjoys wonderful views along the north Cornwall coast.
Chy Morvah has 39 bedrooms, either located in the main building or in the adjacent Lanyons House.
HF Holidays have been offering activity breaks since 1913, with stunning destinations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Our Art & Craft breaks will allow you to flex that creative muscle and get inspired. Suited to a range of abilities, we have a perfect creative break for you.
Click through to our website for a full itinerary, secure online booking or to explore our full range of holidays.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Prices are per person and include:
• High quality Full Board en-suite accommodation and excellent food in our Country House
• The guidance and services of our knowledgeable HF Holidays’ leader, ensuring you get the most from your holiday
• All transport on touring days on a comfortable, good-quality mini-coach with PA system, as well as all other transport required as part of your holiday itinerary
• All admissions to places of interest that form part of your holiday itinerary
Standard single room: no supplement
Premium single room: £15 per night
Premium twin/double room from £10 per person per night
Non-member associate fee: £10 per person
Early bookers can make savings - please visit our website for more details.
Review this course
Course Start DatesSaturday 13th October 2018
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.