What animal will you chose to make? The Highland Cow is always a popular choice, Or will you chose a sheep, alpaca, angora goat? I have even helped students produce lions, tigers, & an English border collie! And all over the same basic wire frame!
Alternatively, convert an empty wine bottle into a sitting cat, a fox, or a rabbit... In fact, even a Dragon! Note: The dragon will take 2 days to make (£160) - these days can be taken consecutively, or split over 2 separate days
Learn how to build a simple armature using everyday materials, mix your own air-drying clay to create the body of your chosen animal & then apply natural-fibre textiles to give texture. Finish with your choice of coloured pigments.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Included in the cost:
All materials, aprons & gloves included in the cost.
Tea & Coffee will be provided during the day. Please bring your own packed lunch.
Please wear old comfortable clothes & remove all jewellery before attending. Long hair should, ideally, be tied back
Note: for those who enjoy the course & wish to continue with more projects at home, there will be a selection of Powertex products on offer to buy at the end of the course. Please note that there is no obligation to buy additional product.
* IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION *
The following measures will be taken to ensure safety to Artistic ReTreats customers on all workshops:
• Workshops will be limited to 1:1 bookings or a maximum of 2 students from the same household to ensure social distancing;
• Hand sanitiser will be available for use throughout workshops;
• Disposable gloves & aprons will continue to be supplied;
• Disposable face masks will be available;
• 2m table distancing.
• Additional cleaning regimes have been put in place in both the studio & cloakroom facilities;
• Students will be given sole use of the cloakroom facilities, accessed through a ‘students only’ entry;
• Paper hand towels will be available in the cloakroom for hand drying;
• Foot-operated pedal bins have been installed in the studio & the cloakroom to minimise hand contact.
To avoid disappointment, if there is a workshop that you wish to attend but with no available slots, then please contact us to arrange an alternative date.
Liz Dixon at Artistic ReTreats
30 Frog Lane Upper Boddington Daventry Northamptonshire NN11 6DJ