About the Course
Armed with an impressive array of yarns and cords, Emma May Stitching will show you how to create your own stunning woven wall hanging for your home.
Using a simple table top loom you will be guided through the basic weaving techniques and terminology to create a beautiful wall hanging of approximately 25 x 35cm in size.
You will learn about:
- The properties of various yarns and cords
- How to set up a simple table top loom
- How to add a tassel fringe, undertaken plain, twill & plaited soumak weaving
- How to complete and remove your weave from the loom
Included in your ticket price:
* use of a loom for the duration of the workshop
* all yarn required
* tuition, and detailed step by step instructions to take away
* a delicious lunch, and tea and coffee throughout the day
The workshop is suitable (actually, ideal) for complete beginners, and will provide a fantastic opportunity to meet and spend a day with like-minded folk in a beautiful space.
Shortlisted for the Mollie Makes Handmade Awards 2018, Emma May Stitching has grown from Emma's fascination with textiles, colours, patterns and interiors. She also runs courses in tassel making, beginners sewing machining and roman blind making.
For further information please contact us via the link above or see our website.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All materials needed for the class are included.