An Introduction to Drawing with Bex Gouverneur
Contact course provider
About the Course
This one day course, suitable for beginners and intermediates, will cover the basics of drawing techniques using dry media.
Working in pencil and charcoal, under the expert tuition of professional artist, Bex Gouverneur, you will cover;
- How to identify and work from axis lines and contour lines
- Looking for and drawing positive and negative spaces
- Creating images from free form and geometric shapes
- Scale, proportion and angles
- An introductory look at tone, line, shading and cross hatching
- The difference between working from life and from photographs
- Using the grid technique to achieve accuracy
By the end of the day, you will have produced a range of studies covering all of the techniques above and will leave with the confidence to interpret those skills for use in your own work at home.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
What to bring:
- A sketchbook (A3 or A4)
- A set of drawing pencils ranging from H through to 6B (minimum)
- An eraser
- All other tools and materials will be provided.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are included and available throughout the day. Lunch is not included so participants will need to bring a packed lunch - a fridge and microwave are available for food to be stored and heated.
A fantastic venue and a really knowledgeable tutor. My artistic journey has begun!
Jennie - - #16686
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
Browse all UK Drawing courses
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.