This one day course, suitable for beginners and intermediates, will cover the basics of drawing techniques using dry media.
Working in pencil and charcoal, under the expert tuition of professional artist, Bex Gouverneur, you will cover;
- How to identify and work from axis lines and contour lines
- Looking for and drawing positive and negative spaces
- Creating images from free form and geometric shapes
- Scale, proportion and angles
- An introductory look at tone, line, shading and cross hatching
- The difference between working from life and from photographs
- Using the grid technique to achieve accuracy
By the end of the day, you will have produced a range of studies covering all of the techniques above and will leave with the confidence to interpret those skills for use in your own work at home.
What to bring:
- A sketchbook (A3 or A4)
- A set of drawing pencils ranging from H through to 6B (minimum)
- An eraser
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All other tools and materials will be provided.
Tea, coffee, biscuits and cold refreshments will be available throughout the day. Lunch is not provided, although The Phoenix Kitchen, just next door, provides an array of meals, light lunches and snacks. Alternatively, there is a fridge and microwave in the studio kitchen for you to use if you prefer to bring your own lunch.
Peter and Kimberley Keegan at The Courtyard Art Studio
The Courtyard Art Studio Claydon Courtyard, Claydon Estate, Middle Claydon Buckinghamshire MK18 2EX