Course Provider: Old Bank Studios
Contact Name: Beverley Caleno
Telephone: 01255 242930
19 Kings Quay Street
Course Length: 10am-4.30pm
0 star rating, 0 reviewers.
Janet will talk about her work and methods and lead you through her process to create a large scale allotment painting using dye, acrylic and pastel.
She has been painting allotments for many years and thinks this will be an obsession which will never end; now even having one of her own. As a subject allotments provide a wealth of colour, texture and changing light; all the elements required to produce compelling images.
Old Bank Studios offers a wide range of art, craft and textile courses and work-shops. Based in a glorious Edwardian banking hall, our fully equipped studios provide ideal spaces where students can work in a relaxed, ambient atmosphere. Located in the heart of Old Harwich, we are just a few yards from the Electric Palace Cinema.
Harwich Town Railway Station is less than a five minute walk away, with hourly trains to Manningtree, where there are mainline connections to Colchester, Chelmsford, London, Ipswich and Norwich. If you are coming by car, there is normally plenty of on road parking, otherwise there is a public car park a one minute walk away. It is always possible to drop off right at our front doors.
Please click through to our website for online booking or more details.
What's included in the price?
What you will need to bring
• Janet will bring allotment imagery but if you have your own you may also use this
• Preferably Arches Aquarelle Hot Pressed watercolour paper 76 x 56 cm (300gsm) (available to buy on the day)
• Range of sizes of watercolour and acrylic brushes
• Water pots
• Welled palette or you could use yogurt cartons or jars.
• Tissue for catching drips
• For first stage either inks, acrylics, and Brusho. For second stage, Range of acrylic paints primary colours, white and black. I use System 3,Galeria and Pip Symore but if you don’t have these specific brands bring what you have.
• Plate, palette or tear off palettes for acrylics.
• Range of colours of pastels and chalks
All equipment and materials will be available to buy or borrow on the day, please contact us for further details.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.