Kick start or boost your creative habit with Jo’s Adventures in Art Journalling weekend retreat. The focus will be on drawing, enjoying drawing and using drawing to creatively reflect on and capture your life and the world about you. Gain new skills and have fun along the way!
At a Glance
- Build confidence in and enjoy your drawing
- Use your drawing to creatively reflect on and capture your life and the world about you
- Explore a range of creative approaches to making a journal page
- Try out drawing and creative lettering techniques
- Suitable for beginners and anyone wanting to boost their drawing and creativity
What You Wil Gain
- Discover an amazing creative habit
- Gain confidence in your drawing
- Develop observational drawing skills
- New ideas for creating personal and thoughtful journal pages
- Have fun along the way!
Starting on Friday evening you’ll begin your Adventures in Art Journaling with an introduction from Jo, and then get relaxed and focus for a weekend of drawing and creative discovery with a colourful and fun warm-up exercise.
Throughout the weekend you’ll explore a range of creative approaches or different ways to make journal pages including maps and mapping to reflect on and capture a walk or journey, breaking things down to visually tell the story of a place or location and drawing what you love! We’ll take inspiration from Hawkwood itself, inside and out, favourite and found objects and from moments experienced during the weekend.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Both residential and non-residential rates are available. Residential options are fully inclusive with all meals provided. Non-residential options include suppers, lunches and all refreshments and exclude B&B.
- Mindful walking through our woodland trails
- Meditate in our Woodland Sanctuary
- Go on a hike and explore the Cotswolds AONB
- Discover surrounding charming market towns
3 days (4:00pm to 4:00pm)