Our Advanced Knitting Machine class teaches you how to use your machine to its full potential. Our expert machine knitting tutor will teach you how to add beads, cable and shape your knitting and much more. Suitable for students who have completed the Beginner’s and Intermediate Machine Knitting classes, or have a good understanding of how to use their machine.
You will learn how to:
- Use holding & short row knitting to develop three-dimensional knit structures, volume, shapes, and techniques in your work
- Knit cables using a double or triple prong transfer tool to cross your stitches
- Shape your work by using the single and double prong transfer tools to increase and decrease stitches and create shaping
- Use the lace carriage to transfer stitches onto needles for lace punch card patterns
- Add beading to your work using a latch tool to create beaded knitted fabrics
We teach on the following domestic knitting machines: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881&. In this class we will also use a Lace Carriage.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors, accessories & trims.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Those who have completed our Intermediate Class or who have a good grounding in intermediate knitting and want to take their skills to the next level.
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Make a booking request' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, crochet and macrame classes in London. Click on 'More courses run at this centre' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single, double and triple prong transfer tools, scissors, a lace carriage and knitting accessories suitable for your knitting machine, lace punch cards, punch card clips, beads and a beading tool which is a suitable size for the beads. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
150 minutes (6:30pm to 9:00pm)
Next available date
30th November 2020