Soak up the relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the warmth of the Italian sun, spend time each day creating under the gentle guidance of our art and craft tutor Lisa, who will support you to use a variety of techniques such as wet felting, needle felting and hand stitching/embroidery to make a beautiful, original wall hanging to take home with you as a unique and treasured memento of your time here, inspired by the stunning Lombardy landscapes.
Come and join us for a 6-day relaxing retreat experiencing real Italy in Oltrepò Pavese, a stunning region of Lombardy that is very unspoilt, with hardly any tourism and often referred to as the hidden jewel of the crown.
This is a wonderful retreat in a stunning area, Oltrepo Pavase is the largest wine-producing area of Italy, and one of the largest in the world for the Pinot Nero Grape variety, the landscape is scattered with picturesque vineyards.
September is one of the most beautiful times to visit this secret area, just south of Milan, over the River Po as the hills are alive with the smell of grapes and the locals are full of anticipation, watching and waiting for the right hour of the right day to harvest their grapes at peak perfection.
This unique area offers vineyards, hills, medieval villages, castles, panoramic views, and real authentic Italian food and local wines.
• Arts and Crafts
• Traditional Italian Cooking Lesson
• Wine Tastings
• Explore Milan, Vigevano, Casteggio, Pavia and Certosa and the hidden secrets of Oltrepo Pavese in Lombardy
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
• 5 nights accommodation
• 5 Breakfasts. 5 Lunches, 5 evening meals (including 2 restaurant meals)
• Welcome Aperitivo
• Full Board to include local wines of Oltrepo Pavese and water
• English and Italian speaking local guides
• English speaking art & craft tutor
• 4 art & craft sessions including all materials and tuition
• A beautiful original wall hanging created by you under expert guidance
• Excursions to Milan, Vigevano, Casteggio, Pavia and Certosa and the hidden secrets of Oltrepo Pavese
• All transport for excursions included within the Itinerary
• Cooking class
• 3 Wine tastings
• Unlimited Tea and Coffee at the White Horse Barn
• Wine during the art crafts sessions.
• Private return airport transfers*
• Use of swimming pool of course weather permitting
• Memories of a great time, new friends and a place you'll want to return to.
Food & Drink
Our retreat is on a full board basis, including local wines of Oltrepo Pavese and two evening meals in restaurants.
Food will be delicious, home cooked Italian cuisine, prepared freshly and seasonal foods are always in abundance at any Italian table, and there will be chances to discover the local markets and surrounding areas too.
Vegetarian & Gluten Free diets can be catered for, if you have any other dietary requirements please enquire prior to booking, we will do our best to accommodate, however we are staying in an unspoilt rural area with very little tourism so choices aren’t always as wide as they are in large tourist destinations.
Please note price is based on sharing a twin room, please get in touch for single room pricing.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.