About the Course
These classes are for all abilities. During the sessions I will take you through basic techniques in hand-building, decoration and wheel work. There will be a maximum of 4 students per class.
What will I learn?
- Hand-building techniques including pinch pots, slab building and coiling
- How to make pots on a wheel (throwing)
- Decorative techniques on green-ware (unfired clay) including Sgraffito, inlay, paper resist, printing and stamping
- Glazing and decorative techniques on bisque-ware (work fired once)
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting clay on
- An old towel
- Any tools you may want to use
Refunds and cancellations:
Please choose carefully. Due to a limited class size I can only issue a refund if the place is reassigned. In the unlikely event that I have to cancel a class, I will arrange another date for students to attend. Your purchase is in acceptance of these terms.
Please email using the link above
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- Access to all tools and materials
- Use of pottery wheel (I have 2 wheels so students will take it in turns)
- A notebook for jotting down designs, instructions etc.
- Firing of all finished work - all work will be fired within 3 weeks of finish date
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.