3D Animation Summer School - Nottingham Trent University
Contact course provider
About the Course
Two week animation course in Nottingham.
This course is aimed at people wishing to be animators of the future.
It combines an introduction to the creative and technical aspects of 3D animation with information about today’s animation industry.
Following an introduction to the history of 3D animation you will be set a project to develop an animated character and accompanying narrative.
Your time will be split between working in the animation studio on your project, and hearing from guest speakers or visiting places of interest that inspire professional animators.
On this course you will:
- design a character for 3D animation
- experiment with Maya animation software
- work on top-of-the-range equipment including High end workstations with Nvidia Quadro graphics cards and Wacom Cintiq HD Touch tablets
- use TVPaint to create a simple storyboard
- add sound and music to an animation
- learn about directing your character for the screen.
What will you gain?
You will combine new idea generation and research skills with your knowledge of Maya software so that, by the end of the two weeks, you will have a character to present to your fellow students.
You will also have:
- an understanding of the different types of jobs available to you in the animation, gaming and visual effects industries
- knowledge of what a company like Pixar looks for in a CV
- the confidence to present yourself and your showreel to potential employers.
This course is ideal if you are new to animation and are considering future studies or looking to enhance your CV and portfolio.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above).
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Two weeks of quality tuition with experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 12.
Modern accommodation is available a short walk from our studios and is available to those booked on to a summer school course for an additional fee. Accommodation can be booked online via the link above.
Review this course
Course Start DatesMonday 8th July 2019
- Accessible by public transport
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.