About the Course
For those who want the lot! This two day course will show you how to reconstitute clay, make your own paste and use all three types of silver clay to create 2 - 3 pieces of jewellery, depending on size, design and the finish you want to achieve. You will practice using a variety of different texturing techniques including using the clay to make and add embellishments/detail.
This course is really about developing a knowledge of, and confidence with the clay.
• An introduction to the tools and equipment and their uses
• How to best prepare, handle and store the clay
• Reconstitution for lump clay and paste
• Waste reduction
• Planning your jewellery making
• Making jewellery using lump clay
• Creating holes
• Forming, shaping, texturing and using the clay in each form for embellishments
• Drying and refining – plus a look at options available
• Firing techniques and the results they produce
• Polishing techniques
• Findings – plus a look at different approaches to finding attachment
• Hallmarking – legal parameters and copyrights
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Come spend some time in our fully equipped workshop and get creative in one of our jewellery making classes! Set in the beautiful countryside of Monmouthshire.
Easy to find and free on-site parking.
There is a lovely self catering cottage on site (subject to availability).
All materials and tools will be provided along with plenty of tea/coffee and biscuits. The course includes 14g of lump clay, silver paste and silver syringe for embellishments. Should your design require more lump clay, this will be available to purchase, at cost, from the workshop.
This is a two full day course so you will need to bring lunch with you. A speciality coffee and cake will also be provided to round off your lunch on the second day.