These classes are for all abilities. During the first few weeks I will take you through basic techniques in hand-building, decoration and wheel work. After this, students will be encouraged to follow their own projects and develop their skills with my guidance.
There will be a maximum of 4 students per class.
What will I learn?
- How to make pots on a wheel (throwing)
- Hand-building techniques including pinch pots, slab building, coiling and using moulds
- Decorative techniques on green-ware (unfired clay) including -Sgraffito, inlay, paper resist, printing and stamping
- Glazing and decorative techniques on bisque-ware (work fired once)
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting clay on
- An old towel
- Any tools you may want to use
Please note that this course is fully booked. Please contact me for details of when the next course will run.
Refunds and cancellations:
Please choose carefully. Due to a limited class size I can only issue a refund if the place is reassigned. In the unlikely event that I have to cancel a class, I will arrange another date for students to attend. Your purchase is in acceptance of these terms.
Please email using link above
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course
fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be
provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- Access to all tools and materials
- Use of pottery wheel (I have 2 wheels so students will take it in turns)
- Light refreshments
- Firing of all work, either within the 10 weeks or within 2 weeks of the end date