Here, at Allied Welding, we are pleased to offer an insight into the vast world of T.I.G welding.
Ideal for people who like the idea of being able to weld, but do not want to commit to a lengthy course over many hours and several sessions. With our teacher to student ratio of 1:4 at the maximum we are able to cover a lot more material whilst providing you with more time with the teacher than what you would get with a normal class.
The idea is to take enthusiastic people (male or female) that have never welded before or that just want to brush up on their skills over an enjoyable and relaxed day in our fully equipped workshop and enable them to either carry on with their new found skills at home, in their garage or workshop or should you wish to progress further we would be glad to recommend local collages or training centers that can enhance your new found skill.
There are many people that have a restoration project on an old car or motorcycle. How about those gates that need fixing or that broken part that could easily be fixed with a little knowledge of welding. That is the idea of this short course; to give encouragement to try something that perhaps otherwise would never be attempted.
You will be welcomed into our comfortable reception area, where refreshments are available.
Please wear working clothes suitable for the environment. Long sleeved garments are essential. A leather apron and welding gauntlets are supplied.
If you are fitted with a heart pacemaker or wear contact lenses please consult your doctor or/and your optician before booking this course.
If you are traveling from further afield and would like to make a weekend to explore the Essex countryside or coast after or before your experience we can suggest a few following places to stay: Premier Inn Rayleigh or Basildon, Holiday Inn Basildon or Southend to name but a few.
- We have Full Comprehensive Insurance
- Approved by an I.O.S.H Trained member in Managing Health and
- Overseen by a tutor with 15 years experience
- All Tutors are City & Guilds trained and regularly refreshed
- Full Extraction of welding fume is supplied to conform with
- Up to date Fire Inspection Certificates
Protective footwear is essential, if you do not have your own we can provide for a cost of £ 25.00 + VAT
If you do not have suitable clothing or your own welders overalls can be provided at a special cost of £ 25.00 + VAT
Please advise us on any medical conditions.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
What's included in the price?
The 1 day course is ONLY £186 (£155 Plus VAT - VAT receipts can be issued on request) and includes:
* ALL Materials and consumables!
* A start time of 10.00am finishing approximately 05.00pm
* A short, but necessary Health and Safety talk.
* We will discuss briefly how the T.I.G process works.
* How to set up the machine
* How to prepare the metal prior to welding
* Start welding using modern T.I.G welding machines with ready cut clean metal for both Butt and Fillet welds.
* A tutor will be on hand at all times for advice and guidance.
* What to look for in both a good and a bad weld.
* This will be a fully packed day designed to give great value for money.
Refreshments are supplied in with the course price, but a packed lunch will be required.
6½ hours (10:00am to 4:30am)
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.